This Policy defines the relationship between Science Supplements and you, being the individual person or business (be that an individual, firm or corporate entity) using the Site and/or creating an account and purchasing goods through the Site (“you” or “your”).
This Policy is supplemental to our Terms of Website Use (“Terms”). Your use of the Site reflects your acceptance of this Policy. If you disagree with any portion of this Policy, your sole remedy is to immediately discontinue using the Site.
- Information we may collect from you
“Personal information” is information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register an account on the Site, when you subscribe to our newsletter, when you contact us via our online comment features, search for a product, place an order on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information. When you interact with us through various social media, for example, by visiting our Facebook page or Instagram page, we may collect information including your email address, location and other biographical information. The information we receive from your social network depends on your privacy settings. You should always review, and, if you prefer, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Site.
Information we automatically collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information (also referred to as “traffic data”):
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or any other services we provide. In those cases we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Site. We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. For example, if you leave a testimonial about one of our products at the Trustpilot website, we may post that review on the Site. If you enable the Facebook plugin to post comments to articles on our blog, we may receive your comments from Facebook.
We do not store information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we may use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the Site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you are browsing.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you disable or opt-out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the Site may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- Uses made of the information
All the information we collect via the Site or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the Site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to communicate with you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us, including to confirm any orders you place with us, manage payments, delivery goods ordered;
- to provide you with information about other goods we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to administer our promotions;
- to manage our relationship with you, including to notify you about changes to the Site or ask you to complete a survey or leave a review; and
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group (i.e., our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) that require access to your personal information for business purposes.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, including to protect the security and integrity of the Site, to correct technical problems and malfunctions on the Site, to technically process your information, to provide services or to take precautions against liability.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger, consolidation, transfer, reorganization or dissolution of our business.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and be sure to log off when using a shared computer or mobile device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We make commercially reasonable efforts to handle your personal information consistent with this Policy. Due to the design of the internet and other factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Your choices
If you need to correct, update, delete or deactivate your personal information, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you receive any promotional e-mail communication from us, you will be given the option to “unsubscribe” from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us, and will not preclude us from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site and our services.
- Third-party links
This Policy only applies to information we collect from you while you are on the Site. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- California privacy rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. [We do not, at this time, disclose such information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.] [To access this information, please contact us either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below:]
1310 Garlington Road, Unit D, Greenville, SC 29615
- Do-not-track requests; third-party tracking
Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data as described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser sends us a “do not track” message. More information about “do not track” is available at http://www.allaboutdnt.org. Third parties other than our vendors (such as our advertising providers and website analytics provider) do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Site. That said, we cannot control third-party tracking and there may be some third-party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
The Site is not intended for use by children in the United States under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Children under the age of majority in any jurisdiction outside of the United States should not provide any personal information without their parent’s consent.
- Notice to residents of countries outside the United States
We are based in the United States. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. If you are located outside of the United States, be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in the United States and that, by submitting information to us, you explicitly authorize its transfer and storage within the United States. We will handle personal information according to this Policy regardless of where it is processed or stored.
- Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy. You will be bound by any changes made to these provisions should you continue to use the Site after the changes have been implemented.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.